Thursday 12 February 2009

To upgrade or not to upgrade?

That is the question.

Glen Feechan and I decided that the Excel pivot table videos we have collaborated on should be available for both Excel 2003 and 2007. The 2003 introductory and advanced videos are now available, the 2007 ones are due for release soon.

Making the 2007 videos naturally meant getting hold of a copy of Excel 2007. I did blog about that when I first trialled it, and have since spent a fair bit of time working in it, doing accounts as well as videos. So I am now getting used to Excel 2007.

Switching between Excel 2003 and Excel 2007 does make my brain hurt because so many things seem to be in different places. I still haven't found how to move a worksheet from one workbook to another in 2007 (any help gratefully received :-) )

And I do like the look and feel of 2007.

So I suspect that when my free trial runs out next month, I will be buying Office 2007.

Not only Excel 2007, but I really do like PowerPoint 2007. I use PowerPoint for my presentation videos and 2007 seems very slick for that. The AutoShapes come with a library of effects: tilt, shadow, bevelled edges, and themed colours that can easily be changed across the whole presentation. Hat tip to Tom Kuhlmann for putting me on to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here. This blog is fully moderated. Any spam or malicious comments will not be published.