Tuesday 6 January 2009

SCAM ALERT

I've just had an e-mail purporting to come from HM Revenue, saying I'm due a tax refund.

Fortunately I know that not only is this a recognised scam, but also I spotted that the sender's e-mail address was wrong. The sender was @hrms.co.uk. I've used the Revenue's website often enough to know this is not their address.

If anyone else gets one of these e-mails, forward it to phishing@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk. DON'T click on the link in the e-mail or give out any of your personal details.

The Revenue make it very clear here that there are e-mail addresses ending even in @hmrc.gsi.gov.uk that are used by scammers.

If you don't know - assume it's a scam.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post your comments here. This blog is fully moderated. Any spam or malicious comments will not be published.